Mrs. McDonald's Cyber Foundations II
Welcome to 8th Grade Cyber Foundations II
This is a pilot course that many schools across our state are using to prepare students for their future career or technical training.
Here are a few of the career and life skills covered:
- digital citizenship
- financial sense and knowledge
- computer application basics
- graphic design
Your student should be able to by the end of this course:
- Type at a speed of 40 GWAM and 97% accuracy.
- Be confident in protecting their personal information and showing respect to others while being online and on social media.
- Create a positive digital footprint that will benefit them in the future.
- Apply effective budgeting techniques and the decision-making process involved with managing finances.
- Effectively use a variety of software and online applications such as, but not limited to, the Microsoft Office Suite applications, Google Classroom, Prezi, Canva, Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides, etc.
- Design an appealing, engaging, and effective advertisement.
- Use coding to be able to create images, animations, games, websites, etc.
- Respect everyone and the equipment in our lab.
- Be a teachable person with an open mind.
- Stay on task.
- Follow directions the first time they are given.
- Use manners.
- One up at a time unless directed otherwise.
- Setting changes on computers is prohibited.
- Don't give up; be a problem solver.
Good Choices + Hard Work + Positive Attitude + GRIT=SUCCESS